Monday, August 29, 2011

Shaker Card made with the Gypsy and Cricut

The August swap for our local crafty group was "Surf's Up Shaker Card".  This was my first shaker and I really wanted it to be cute.  I looked online for some inspiration then on my Gypsy for images and came up with this.






The recipe:
   Size is 4 X 4  
   Cricut Cartridge used "Life Is A Beach"
   Base is a light blue Recollections CS  
   Swirly glittery background and dotted layer are DCWV Summer Dream Stack 
   Treasure chest is shimmery gold CS 
   Boy and his "equipment" are from old cs I had laying around  
   Shells came from Michaels.
   Dots are Adirondak either Pesto or Meadow
   Lots of foam tape (double layer due to using shells)
   Ribbon used around to outside of the card to finish the edge was Louisa Harding "Kimono Ribbon Pure" and was made in Italy.  It does have a yummy feel.  I know you can only see a glimpse of it in the photo but it really finish the cards off nicely.


I was warned that shaker cards take quite a while to make and they did just that but they certainly were quite gratifying to make as well.  I am on a journey to stretch myself and this was right up that alley for me.  I hope you enjoyed the card.


Thanks for visiting.  Come back soon.


Craftily yours.


Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment