Friday, July 1, 2011

My friend Blanca

My crafty origins are in rubber stamping.  Blanca, a friend since 7th grade, got me hooked in the early 90's.  We went to the Carson Conventions back when Stampa Barbara literally took center stage and when Dee Gruenig spent the weekend coloring the stamps with layer upon layer of color all while cooing and giggling.  Aah memories.


Blanca and I would go to lunch after the conventions and spread our respective hauls and across the table.  What's funny NOW is that for the unmounted stamps I bought I had to get rubber and wood to mount them myself.  Most of them are again unmounted.


Blanca even got me hooked on the 100 card Valentine's swaps hosted by RubberStampMadness.  Funny thing was year after year I would do them at her house while she watched and made suggestions but I don't have a vivid memory of her actually doing them.  Enabler, thy name is Blanca.


That was all the good part.  The bad was that I forgot how to use many of the products shortly after I got them home so they sat loved but unused.  (This began WAY before YouTube.)  Some things dried up, others crumbled, most were used but not many got used up.


Why am I writing about this you may ask.  Well this blog actually has 3 purposes: first to challenge myself creatively, second to get me to use every product and tool I own and third to share and learn with you.


Craftily yours,


Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment