Monday, July 18, 2011

Perfection be gone

When I go for perfection in my crafting, I don't get very far.  There are no challenges, no final projects and no fun.  I either heard or read that instead of going for perfection go for "good enough".  Remember I'm talking about crafting here but it's also become a mantra with organizing things around the house and getting something done rather than waiting until everything's all set up perfectly before beginning.  Bottom line "good enough" with some things has given me the gifts of freedom, time, and personal satisfaction. 


I recently reclaimed a place to craft and have been organizing it, then tweaking as I found more items, then again as I sorted through what items I use more and which less.  It has been a learning experience and more than that, its been a growing experience.


The HUGE crafting benefit is that I can and do now use my crafty bits more than ever and am having a blast with it.  In adopting the "good enough" mentality and shedding the perfection of it all, I have been able to challenge myself and try things I used to shy away from in years gone by.  I have not settled into any particular "style" of card making but have been having a great time trying different styles.


Craftily yours,


Marilyn



No comments:

Post a Comment